The use of Artist Marketplace is restricted to persons offering original works and registered officially with the site. Users who are already registered will be informed of the introduction of any additional requirements in order to ensure they meet them. Artist Marketplace/YRAC reserves the right to cancel Registration and/or the deletion of user profiles and works may be enacted if requirements are not met.
The artworks displayed on Artist Marketplace are the copyright of the individual artist, or their representatives. Written permission for the commercial use of these images must be received from the copyright holder prior to use.
As a registered member of Artist Marketplace, you agree not to do any of the following:
• All artwork on the Artist Marketplace site must contain socially responsible subject matter. The artwork must not promote hatred, violence or pornography. Artwork considered in violation of this requirement will be removed from the site.
• Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that:
• (i)infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
• (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
• (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
• (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
• (v)promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
• (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person;
• (vii) harms minors in any way; or
• (viii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
• Violate any applicable law or regulation;
• Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Artist Marketplace or any of Artist Marketplace’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site;
This policy will cover how Artist Marketplace treats personal information that Artist Marketplace/YRAC collects and receives through the use of the Artist Marketplace site at http://www.ArtistMarketplace.ca.
• We never sell or disclose your name or e-mail address to third parties.
• Artist Marketplace collects personal information when you register with Artist Marketplace to use its services. When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as biographical information and geographical location.
• Artist Marketplace automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
• We will use your Personal Information primarily to provide and improve the Site and Services, and to respond to your inquires.
• Artist Marketplace uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting. IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Artist Marketplace. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including: to diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP; to estimate the total number of users visiting Artist Marketplace from specific geographical regions.
• We will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for our services. Receipt of this email is required for using Artist Marketplace services.
• We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so, such as maintenance suspension, in which an email will be sent.
Artist Marketplace will use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that is sent from your browser from our website’s servers and stored on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes.
If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Artist Marketplace products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Artist Marketplace service.
Artist Marketplace will use its own cookies for a variety of purposes:
• Access to your information when you “sign in” and saving your login information for future logins;
• Keeping track of preferences you specify when using the site’s services to better understand how you interact with the site;
• Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic to conduct research to improve Artist Marketplace content and series.
• We will not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
When you register for the Site and create an Account, your Personal Information that you have chosen to be accessible to visitors will be publicly viewable via the Site. We encourage our users to use discretion when choosing to post any information on the Site. Artist Marketplace may share demographic information with business partners, such as “74% of users who regularly use Artist Marketplace live within 30km of Richmond Hill” to help improve the Site’s features and services. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission. Artist Marketplace does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT:
Artist Marketplace may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as when your actions violate the Artist Marketplace User Agreement & Policy.
It may be necessary to share information in order to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Saatchi Art or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by the law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect Artist Marketplace or YRAC rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Artist Marketplace website.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
To completely delete all Personal Information you provide to Artist Marketplace, you must contact us at info@YorkRegionArtsCouncil.com. If you completely delete all such information, your account may be deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records which may include, but is not limited to, your identification, billing and contact information, as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We limit access to your personal information to employees that will need that information to provide services and products to you. Your Artist Marketplace account is password-protected. Certain areas of the site will use SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
If you wish to correct, update, delete or deactivate your personal information and account, you can do so on your member account page.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards in order to protect personal information submitted to us.